EducationI have my Bachelor's degree in Mathematics with an emphasis in Secondary Education from Azusa Pacific University. I plan to pursue a Master's degree in Education next Spring, paired with a teaching credential.
I also have an Associate's degree from El Camino College in Mathematics, where I finished with Honors in Alpha Gamma Sigma with a GPA of 3.75.
ExperienceI have worked as a self employed tutor for over 6 years. My duties have included:
• Coached students preparing for exams while modeling and developing better study habits.
• Guided students in homework assignments and through the understanding of concepts.
• Created additional lessons and practice exams to better help facilitate student learning.
I have field experience as well, earning over 50 hours of classroom experience working in a 7th and 8th grade math class. My duties included:
• Observed a seventh and eighth grade mathematics class and assisted students in completing class assignments.
• Worked with a teacher to plan and execute two original mathematics lessons for multiple eighth grade classes of thirty students.
I also worked as a Teacher’s Assistant at El Camino College for one academic year. My duties included:
• Assisted professor in preparing for class daily.
• Guided students working in groups and independently while in the classroom.
• Input grades and attendance into the schools computer system.
HobbiesI have worked for many years in various childcare positions, so I work well with kids of all ages. I also worked as a YMCA Teacher’s Assistant, where I
• Supervised elementary school children while independently facilitating activities at a local park.
• Responsible for the care of ten children while on field trips and participating in daily activities.
• Organized daily lessons with guided activities including sports, games, crafts, and team building exercises.
I have always enjoyed working with kids of various ages, particularly in engaging them in academics. My long term goal is to become a mathematics instructor where I would be competent to illustrate my work and educational experience into teaching and guiding children through exciting and innovative ways.
In my personal life, I enjoy arts and crafts as well as going to movies and spending time with friends.
CLEP College Mathematics, ACT Math, COMPASS Mathematics, Elementary Math, Finite Mathematics, Math, Middle School Math, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science, PSAT Mathematics, SAT Math, SAT Mathematics, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade math, CAHSEE Mathematics, 10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 1st Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.